The Association of Family Medicine Administration is dedicated to the professional growth and development of its members with particular emphasis on administration and coordination of health care delivery, education and research within Family Medicine Residency Programs.
Objectives of AFMA
- To promote professionalism for our members.
- To provide a forum for discussing management problems.
- To assist the membership in the effective execution of their duties.
- To provide a network of peer administrators/coordinators for fellowshipping.
- Sharing current problems and solutions.
- To interact with other organizations and individuals to accomplish these ends.
To understand the continuing changes in the health care environment and provide tools to our membership to excel in that environment, as it relates to Family Medicine Residency Programs.
We can function best if we have earned the respect of our co-workers, residents, faculty, fellow AFMA members, and other professional organizations.
We are individually responsible for the organization’s success.
We succeed because of the contributions of many people.
Through collaboration with Family Medicine residency programs, related health care organizations, and individual membership, we seek to improve the caliber of Family Medicine Education.
We strive continuously to do things better, comparing to and learning from programs locally and nationally to improve quality.
We are willing to look at things differently, and we are not afraid of change.
We have the confidence to express ourselves honestly and to work to meet challenges.